Jan 5, 2011

Sometimes a Donation to an animal shelter can truly mean the difference between LIFE and DEATH!

From the Staten Island Advance


Article about the rescue I work with.  Myself and Emily are mentioned. 


By Melissa Chapman

Published: Wednesday, January 05, 2011, 10:15 AM


A few weeks ago Yahoo asked me if I'd like to be a part of their truly groundbreaking program Yahoo!’s “How Good Grows through Ripples of Kindness” campaign... in which they wrote me a check for $100 and said I could use the money and pay it forward in any way shape or form... in essence this donation to a charity- would hopefully encourage others to pay it forward, and thus the good would grow through this ONE ripple of kindness.
 

DannyShep.jpg
Well if you know me- you are likely well-aware that one of my first loves is my fur baby, my almost 12-year old Shih Tzu Mellie- and I have vowed once my kids move out (whether my husband is on board or not) I am converting our house into a shelter for dogs and cats and will be housing as many as I can humanly fit without being dubbed that "CRAZY HOARDER CAT LADY"... Until then- I am on a mission to spread awareness about the COUNTLESS of men and women who volunteer their hearts and homes and often their own green stuff to help animals who have no homes.
 
One of these charities is Louie’s Legacya Staten Island based animal shelter run by one of my FAVORITE Staten Islanders Mary-Ellen Rozak and her partner in crime Emily Gear ( who is currently based out of Cincinnati).

Well they got Yahoo's donation of $100 KINDNESS DOLLARS and with this money they were essentially able to save an animal’s life.  

“We are using it toward Danny, a Shepherd Mix we pulled from Brooklyn ACC the day he was to be put on the Euthanasia list.  Danny is a nice, friendly boy but was never taught how to behave-- as a result, he acts like a 3 month old in an 8 month old's body, which can be overwhelming if you are not experienced with big, strong dogs.  He will be getting some training in a special foster home, which costs $15/a day.  Your donation saved his life, and the life of the next animal that will have funds available for it since you covered a chunk of Danny's bill!"

You hear that folks-- your donation could SAVE A LIFE!!! So please if you can find it in your hearts (and wallets) whatever you can give- whether it's $5 or $50, next time consider donating it to Louie's Legacy and to Yahoo- thank you for helping me to GROW GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously doing G-d's work on so many levels- thank you for giving a voice to these beautiful creatures who would otherwise have no one to advocate for them:)

    ReplyDelete