Feb 19, 2011

Collaborating with Macaroni Kids

One of our goals at Positively Staten Island is to meet the rest of the community and report on what cool things others are doing.  Recently, we met up with Nanine of Macaroni Kids. 

Macaroni Kid is written mostly by Moms, in different communities, who are “dedicated to delivering the scoop on all the family-friendly events and activities happening in their communities each week.”

Nanine runs the Staten Island section of Macaroni Kids on the web, in addition to getting out the newsletter.  Below she will tell you more about it.

The VNPs, will be working with Nanine, going forward to keep our readers up on her events for families, as well as ours calendar of evens, for everything else.  We try to post as many events, happenings and activities on Staten Island that we can get our hands on, and Macaroni Kids will be supplying a huge chunk of the family orientated posts for the Island.

We hope you enjoy reading her site as well, and as always, if you know of any other sites, Positively Staten Island should be reporting on, please let us know.  Put us on your mailing list if you are sending event notification.


Macaroni Kid











Hi,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Nanine Lengo Blomstrom and I am the publisher of the Staten Island North Macaroni Kid e-Newsletter.

I have been writing and organizing this for almost a year now and one of the things that I love the best about my job is meeting and talking with the moms, dads, and kids from all over the Island. You guys certainly have strong opinions (no surprise)!!! And I love to hear them! Everywhere I go, whether it be the Mall, the Ferry, to a movie or to the St. George Theater, I see the wonderful families that make up our Island. A few years ago, the thought of walking up to a bunch of strangers at the Zoo would send me running, but since my son Teddy was born and we have been exploring all that the Island has to offer, I simply do not hesitate any more, and that is how I got to know a lot of you this past year.

Being a mom (or dad), especially of little ones, can be an isolating experience. One of the major reasons I started publishing is to build a sense of community, to bring our families together. I strive to create a place you can turn to easily to access information about upcoming events for kids, Moms (and Dads) meetings and local family happenings. Sometimes just getting through the day is the accomplishment of a lifetime, who has time to read a newspaper and decide what to do the next day or what may be coming up next month? My newsletter comes straight to your email once a week and is fully customizable.

One of the cool things (and there are many!) that I am able to offer are direct giveaways to some pretty exciting shows on and slightly off Staten Island. This year we gave away Laurie Berkner tickets and CD’s, tickets to see Mickey and Friends at the St. George Theater and Labels for your kids clothes and school stuff from Mable’s Labels. There are plenty more coming up as well…(Imagination Movers tickets perhaps???)

Check us out at www.statenislandnorth.macaronikid.com and add your name to the over 700 families that receive the latest information about what is happening on this great Island of ours!!!

You can also “like” us on Facebook at


See you around!!!
Nanine

No comments:

Post a Comment